Shakriyeh 🥣 Yogurt beef stew
-2 lbs beef or lamb stew meat
-3 c water
-3 garlic, pressed
-1 onion, diced
-2 lbs yogurt
-2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp water
-1 c rice, soaked
- 2 c water
-1/4 c vermicelli noodles
1. Heat oil, add meat + salt. Cook for a few minutes to brown before stirring.
2. Add onion.
3. Add water to cover meat and simmer covered for 40 min.
4. Add yogurt and cornstarch that was dissolved in water. Stir in the same direction until it lightly boils.
5. In a small pan heat oil and cook mashed garlic for a couple minutes. Add to the soup.
6. To make the rice, heat oil or butter or both and add the vermicelli noodles until they brown. Then add the rice and water. Cook for 15-20 min & you’re done!
7. Optional pine nuts as garnish